Before starting any e-commerce project, we advise the client explaining the different payment methods for his future online store. Depending on the project, we recommend one or more of the clients that we are going to discuss below.
Before the launch, we have to be clear about the payment gateways that we are going to use, next we leave you a brief summary of the ones that we use the most in our day to day:
This method comes by default installed in WooCommerce. To use it, you simply have to enter the details of your bank where you want to receive the transfers and activate it.
It is the slowest of all and not automatic, since it requires the receipt of the receipt by the customer and / or the verification of the transfer by the seller.
This method is also included in WooCommerce, although there are different plugins that allow you to configure and make additional options to the one that comes by default.
Costs can be per transaction with no monthly fee: 3.4% + € 0.35 per transaction, or at a cost of € 15 per month, with the transaction fee of 2.9% plus € 0.35.
These rates are applied for a monthly sales volume between € 0 and € 2,500, if the volume increases the rate is reduced.
More information: https://www.paypal.com/es/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees
You can find the free Stripe plugin on the WooCommerce official website: https://woocommerce.com/products/stripe/
Stripe supports the main debit and credit cards, it is also the way to configure Apple Pay in your e-commerce. The fees for this method are cheaper than PayPal: Per transaction of 2.9% plus € 0.25, with no monthly fee.
More information: https://stripe.com/es/pricing
It is the payment gateway used by most banks in Spain, this is linked to a Virtual POS previously contracted with the bank. The conditions and costs of the POS depend on each bank.
Like any POS, it allows you to pay by credit card.
Banks and savings banks using RedSys:
- ABANCA CORPORACIÓN BANCARIA
- BANCA MARCH
- BANCA PUEYO
- BANCO ALCALÁ
- BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA
- BANCO CAIXA GERAL
- BANCO CAMINOS
- BANCO COOPERATIVO ESPAÑOL
- BANCO DE CRÉDITO SOCIAL COOPERATIVO, S.A.
- BANCO DE SABADELL
- BANCO MEDIOLANUM
- BANCO SANTANDER
- BARCLAYS BANK PLC
- CAIXA DE CREDIT DELS ENGINYERS – CAJA DE CRÉDITO DE LOS INGENIEROS
- CAIXA POPULAR
- CAIXA RURAL BENICARLO
- CAIXA RURAL DE L´ALCUDIA
- CAIXA RURAL GALEGA
- CAIXA RURAL LA VALL “SAN ISIDRO”
- CAIXA RURAL LES COVES DE VINROMA
- CAIXA RURAL VINAROS
- CAIXABANK PAYMENTS
- CAJA DE ARQUITECTOS, SOCIEDAD COOPERATIVA DE CRÉDITO
- CAJA LABORAL POPULAR
- CAJA RURAL CENTRAL
- CAJA RURAL DE ALBACETE, CIUDAD REAL Y CUENCA
- CAJA RURAL DE ALBAL
- CAJA RURAL D´ALGEMESÍ
- CAJA RURAL DE ALMENDRALEJO
- CAJA RURAL DE ARAGÓN
- CAJA RURAL DE ASTURIAS
- CAJA RURAL DE BAENA NUESTRA SEÑORA DE GUADALUPE
- CAJA RURAL DE BURGOS, FUENTEPELAYO, SEGOVIA Y CASTELLDANS
- CAJA RURAL DE CASAS IBÁÑEZ
- CAJA RURAL DE CAÑETE DE LAS TORRES NUESTRA SEÑORA DEL CAMPO
- CAJA RURAL DE EXTREMADURA
- CAJA RURAL DE GIJÓN
- CAJA RURAL DE GRANADA
- CAJA RURAL DE GUISSONA
- CAJA RURAL DE JAÉN, BARCELONA Y MADRID
- CAJA RURAL DE NAVARRA
- CAJA RURAL DE SALAMANCA
- CAJA RURAL DE SORIA
- CAJA RURAL DE TERUEL
- CAJA RURAL DE UTRERA
- CAJA RURAL DE ZAMORA
- CAJA RURAL DEL SUR
- CAJA RURAL NUESTRA MADRE DEL SOL
- CAJA RURAL NUESTRA SEÑORA DE LA ESPERANZA DE ONDA
- CAJA RURAL NUESTRA SEÑORA DEL ROSARIO
- CAJA RURAL REGIONAL SAN AGUSTÍN FUENTE ÁLAMO MURCIA
- CAJA RURAL SAN JOSÉ DE ALMASSORA
- CAJA RURAL SAN JOSÉ DE ALCORA
- CAJA RURAL DE VILLAMALEA
- CAJASIETE, CAJA RURAL
- DEUTSCHE BANK, S.A.E
- ENTRE2 SERVICIOS FINANCIEROS
- EUROCAJA RURAL
- NOVO BANCO SUCURSAL EN ESPAÑA
- SOCIEDAD CONJUNTA PARA LA EMISIÓN Y GESTIÓN DE MEDIOS DE PAGO
- UNICAJA BANCO, S.A.
- WIZINK BANK, S.A.
Another payment gateway used by different banks and works with Virtual POS previously contracted with the bank. The conditions and costs of the POS depend on each bank.
Like any POS, it allows you to pay by credit card.
Banks and caixes that they use CECA:
- BANCO MARENOSTRUM
- CAIXA ONTINYENT
- CAJA DE BADAJOZ DEL GRUPO IBERCAJA
- CAJA CÍRCULO DE DEL GRUPO IBERCAJA
- CAJA INMACULADA DEL GRUPO IBERCAJA
- COLONIA CAIXA DE POLLENÇA
- EVO BANK
- LIBERBANK – BANO DE CASTILLA LA MACHA
Ceca does not have a free plugin for WooCommerce, so we have to use a paid plugin.
We recommend that if you are going to use any gateway type TPV Virtual either Redsys or Ceca, for a web project before launching the web go making management with the bank, so that everything is ready for publishing to the web.
Although we have focused the article in WooCommerce which is the plugin with which we carry out most projects, these gateways also have modules for PrestaShop or documentation available to adapt them to a custom development.
There are many more payment options for WooCommerce, in this article we have compiled the ones that we most often use and are requested by our customers.
The prices and conditions of each payment method are those indicated on the respective websites of the service providers on the date this article was written, for more information it is recommended to visit the links.