Before starting any e-commerce project, we advise the client explaining the different payment methods for their future online shop. Depending on the project, we recommend the client one or more of the following methods. At Doowebs we are experts in the design of online shops in Valencia.
Before the launch, we have to be clear about the payment gateways we are going to use, here is a brief summary of the ones we use the most in our day-to-day work:
This method is installed by default in WooCommerce. To use it, simply enter the details of your bank where you want to receive the transfers and activate it.
It is the slowest of all and not automatic, as it requires the sending of the receipt by the customer and/or the verification of the transfer by the seller.
This method is also included in WooCommerce, although there are different plugins that allow you to configure and perform additional options to the default one.
The costs can be per transaction with no monthly fee: 3.4% + €0.35 per transaction, or with a cost of €15 per month, with a transaction fee of 2.9% plus €0.35. These fees apply for a monthly sales volume between €0 and €2,500, if the volume increases the fee is reduced.
Further information: https://www.paypal.com/es/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees
You can find the free Stripe plugin on the official WooCommerce website: https://woo.com/products/stripe/
Stripe supports all major debit and credit cards, and is also the way to set up Apple Pay in your e-commerce. The fees for this method are cheaper than PayPal: Per transaction 2.9% plus €0.25, no monthly fee.
Más información: https://stripe.com/es/pricing
This is the payment gateway used by most banks in Spain, which is linked to a Virtual POS previously contracted with the bank. The conditions and costs of the POS depend on each bank.
More information: https://pagosonline.redsys.es/
Like any POS, it allows you to pay by credit card.
Banks and savings banks that use RedSys:
- ABANCA CORPORACIÓN BANCARIA
- BANCA MARCH
- BANCA PUEYO
- BANCO ALCALÁ
- BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA
- BANCO CAIXA GERAL
- BANCO CAMINOS
- BANCO COOPERATIVO ESPAÑOL
- BANCO DE CRÉDITO SOCIAL COOPERATIVO, S.A.
- BANCO DE SABADELL
- BANCO MEDIOLANUM
- BANCO SANTANDER
- BARCLAYS BANK PLC
- CAIXA DE CREDIT DELS ENGINYERS – CAJA DE CRÉDITO DE LOS INGENIEROS
- CAIXA POPULAR
- CAIXA RURAL BENICARLO
- CAIXA RURAL DE L´ALCUDIA
- CAIXA RURAL GALEGA
- CAIXA RURAL LA VALL “SAN ISIDRO”
- CAIXA RURAL LES COVES DE VINROMA
- CAIXA RURAL VINAROS
- CAIXABANK PAYMENTS
- CAJA DE ARQUITECTOS, SOCIEDAD COOPERATIVA DE CRÉDITO
- CAJA LABORAL POPULAR
- CAJA RURAL CENTRAL
- CAJA RURAL DE ALBACETE, CIUDAD REAL Y CUENCA
- CAJA RURAL DE ALBAL
- CAJA RURAL D´ALGEMESÍ
- CAJA RURAL DE ALMENDRALEJO
- CAJA RURAL DE ARAGÓN
- CAJA RURAL DE ASTURIAS
- CAJA RURAL DE BAENA NUESTRA SEÑORA DE GUADALUPE
- CAJA RURAL DE BURGOS, FUENTEPELAYO, SEGOVIA Y CASTELLDANS
- CAJA RURAL DE CASAS IBÁÑEZ
- CAJA RURAL DE CAÑETE DE LAS TORRES NUESTRA SEÑORA DEL CAMPO
- CAJA RURAL DE EXTREMADURA
- CAJA RURAL DE GIJÓN
- CAJA RURAL DE GRANADA
- CAJA RURAL DE GUISSONA
- CAJA RURAL DE JAÉN, BARCELONA Y MADRID
- CAJA RURAL DE NAVARRA
- CAJA RURAL DE SALAMANCA
- CAJA RURAL DE SORIA
- CAJA RURAL DE TERUEL
- CAJA RURAL DE UTRERA
- CAJA RURAL DE ZAMORA
- CAJA RURAL DEL SUR
- CAJA RURAL NUESTRA MADRE DEL SOL
- CAJA RURAL NUESTRA SEÑORA DE LA ESPERANZA DE ONDA
- CAJA RURAL NUESTRA SEÑORA DEL ROSARIO
- CAJA RURAL REGIONAL SAN AGUSTÍN FUENTE ÁLAMO MURCIA
- CAJA RURAL SAN JOSÉ DE ALMASSORA
- CAJA RURAL SAN JOSÉ DE ALCORA
- CAJA RURAL DE VILLAMALEA
- CAJASIETE, CAJA RURAL
- DEUTSCHE BANK, S.A.E
- ENTRE2 SERVICIOS FINANCIEROS
- EUROCAJA RURAL
- NOVO BANCO SUCURSAL EN ESPAÑA
- SOCIEDAD CONJUNTA PARA LA EMISIÓN Y GESTIÓN DE MEDIOS DE PAGO
- UNICAJA BANCO, S.A.
- WIZINK BANK, S.A.
Another payment gateway used by different banks and works with Virtual POS previously contracted with the bank. The conditions and costs of the POS depend on each bank. Like any POS, it allows you to pay by credit card.
Banks and savings banks that use CECA:
- BANCO MARENOSTRUM
- CAIXA ONTINYENT
- CAJA DE BADAJOZ DEL GRUPO IBERCAJA
- CAJA CÍRCULO DE DEL GRUPO IBERCAJA
- CAJA INMACULADA DEL GRUPO IBERCAJA
- COLONIA CAIXA DE POLLENÇA
- EVO BANK
- LIBERBANK – BANO DE CASTILLA LA MACHA
Ceca does not have a free plugin for WooCommerce, so we have to resort to a paid plugin.
We recommend that if you are going to use any type of Virtual POS gateway, either RedSys or Ceca, for a web project, before launching the website, you should make the necessary arrangements with the bank, so that everything is ready to publish the website.
Although we have focused the article on WooCommerce which is the plugin with which we carry out most projects, these gateways also have available modules for PrestaShop or documentation to adapt them to a custom development.
There are many more payment options for WooCommerce, in this article we have compiled the ones that we use the most and that our customers ask for.
The prices and conditions of each payment method are those indicated on the respective websites of the service providers at the time this article was written, for more information please visit the links.