By placing an e-commerce project, the SEO must be taken into account during the development of this, both by the developer as part of the user who will take over management of web content. In this article I want to meet other basic aspects to consider for SEO in e-commerce:
- Avoid duplicate content.
- Original and quality content. More does not mean more traffic.
- Products appropriately categorized as search criteria and categories used by names you will find in searches.
- Use keywords in the description of the products.
- Answer the following questions when making the texts of the products:
- What will bring the product to the consumer?
- Who will run the product?
- So that using the product is suitable?
- Properly structure content using headers (h1, h2 …) for titles and subtitles.
- Avoiding bad practices of SEO:
- Excessive use of keywords.
- Duplicate content.
- Lack of quality unique content.
- Poor quality links pointing to our website.
- Hidden text.
- Analyze competition.
- Improve the loading speed of the website.
- Linkbuilding: links to your website from other industry pages, blogs, social networks …
- Responsive Web: Making Web suits all devices (tablets, smartphones …).
- Register with Google Places and position yourself in your area.
- That this website hosted on a server in the country where the product will sell.
- Create sitemaps and enlzarlo with Google Webmaster Tools.
Tools for SEO:
Usually in e-commerce projects we do in Doowebs use a CMS (Prestashop, Magento, WordPress Joomal !, …). The currents CMS’s are ready to perform the SEO On Page Optimization.