The facilities of Joomla! made in ignorance, we can give enough security problems. For this reason then we show a series of safety recommendations to consider when launching a Joomla site.
To increase the security of our website in Joomla! we must bear in mind the following recommendations:
- Keep Joomla! and extensions updated to the latest version
- Download extensions and templates sites like extensions.joomla.org
- Check that the directory permissions are 755 and the files 644
- Periodically make backups of the files and the database. For this we recommend Akeeba Backup
- Utilzar user database can not be accessed from another server that is not the same as the web
- Enable URL‘s friendly Joomla!
- Remove templates and extensions that are not necessary
- Don’t use the superuser admin, changue the access name
- Use the. Htaccess Joomla!, we can do renaming the htaccess.txt that comes by default .htaccess
- AdminTools: this extension performs security checks and allows us to perform different actions to keep our site safer.
- AkeebaBackup: make backups of your sition with a single click from the backend of Joomla, both of the files and the database.
- EncryptConfiguration: uses RSA to encrypt passwords or any other information you want in the components.
A part of these actions, the periodic review of a professional will keep your website safe. 16