Shopify is one of the most popular online solutions for create an ecommerce. It is a CMS content management system hosted in the cloud, a SaaS platform that offers enormous facilities to set up your online store.
How to create an online store with Shopify? You really don’t need great computer skills to set up and open your store. You just have to follow the following steps and you will have it in minutes.
How to create a virtual store in Shopify?
Next, we show you all the phases that you must complete to create your virtual store in Shopify:
Step #1. The record
As a first step you should:
- Visit the Shopify website.
- Enter the store’s email address.
- Click the “Start your free trial” button.
- Enter the password.
- Edit the store URL if you want, or buy a domain and connect it to your store at any time.
- Click on “Create your store”.
- Indicate each of the identification data requested by the system: name and surname, address, city, postal code, telephone number, etc.
- Click “next”.
- Complete other additional commercial data and press “next”.
You will immediately see the Shopify admin screen or main panel.
Step #2 Add the products.
Since this is the first time you are in the administrator panel, Shopify will show you a list with the actions you must take to adjust Shopify’s web design in your online store.
So, according to that guide, the next thing you should do is add the products you’re going to market. For this:
- Click “Add product”.
- Complete the information of each product: title, price, description, etc. Detail the data you think is necessary.
- Upload product images. They must be quality photographs that capture the attention of potential customers.
- Press “save” after entering all the information.
Remember to configure product groups. For example, if you sell shoes, you could create a group for men’s shoes. Shopify also allows the same product to be part of several groups or collections.
Step #3 Customize Shopify Web Design
After uploading the products, go back to the admin panel to start customizing the Shopify store and click “customize theme”.
In the left column you will get the options to “visit the theme store”. Through this option you can review and select the theme that best projects the identity corporate name of your business.
You can also make modifications to the default theme by Shopify, but the paid ones will always offer you greater options of pe
Shopify web design customization.
After selecting and activating the theme you want, make adjustments to the colours, logos, fonts, functionality of some elements, slide carousel, etc.
Step #4 Select the domain
Now return to the main page of the control panel to select the domain of your virtual store. For what you should:
- Click on the “Add domain” button.
- Select one of the options: “register a new domain” or “transfer a domain”.
- Buy the domain. You have the option of:
- 1. Acquire a Shopify domain and add it directly to ecommerce
- 2. Buy a domain from another site and then add it to Shopify.
- Buy the domain. You have the option of:
- Activate the domain and visit your website.
Step #5 Review and fill in other important information
From the control panel, in the configuration option, review and complete the information “General”, “legal”, “ languages”, “notifications”, billing” and the others that are necessary.
Also make sure that you have checked the “collect taxes” box, it is an option that will make it easier for you to keep track of your business.
Also, test the ordering system of your ecommerce:
- Go to the administrator panel.
- Click on “settings”.
- Enter the “payments” section and deactivate payments, to carry out the test.
- Select a link channel for the credit card.
- Click on the “Bogus Gateway” option.
- Place the order, like any customer.
Step #6 Set up payment processor
Shopify offers you several payment processing options: some external ones, like Authorize.net or Stripe, but it also offers you its own payment processor. In addition, depending on the gateway you select, you will have various forms of payment: credit cards, Shopify Pay, Google Pay or Paypal, among other methods.
It is always recommended that the payment gateway you choose allows the use of a wide variety of cards or payment methods. It is a way to optimize the customer experience in your store.
You should also consider the payment fees that the gateway will charge the client. Therefore, try to select the channel that commands the lowest price, if possible.
By selecting and activating some of these processors, your store will be able to accept payments and redirect them to an account you specify.
One of the easiest ways to manage online payments is through the “Shopify Payments” payment system. It is a system that is fully integrated into the virtual store. So when you log in as an administrator, you can view the payment history.
Step #7 Set Up Shipping Features
If your online store’s business model includes order shipping, configure the related options that Shopify includes. You have to:
- Situate yourself and
n the control panel and go to “settings”.
- Press “send”.
- Complete the information requested by the platform for each of your products, such as weight and dimensions.
- Link carriers to your Shopify store. There are prior agreements between these transport companies and Shopify to serve e-commerce owners and offer them lower shipping costs.
Step #8 Activate online store
Have you already completed all the steps to create your virtual store with Shopify? Then, all you have to do is press the “Start web” button and your online store will be active.
After knowing how to make an ecommerce in Shopify, creating it, designing it and configuring it , all you have to do is grow your business. Some of the methods that you should apply are the publication of ads in digital media and social networks and a good content marketing campaign.
Do you need more advice to develop your online store? Or do you require help with the marketing plan? Contact us. At Doowebs we are experts in web design and development in Valencia. We specialize in ecommerce programming, digital marketing, SEO positioning, SEM services and more.